We know how difficult it is to see behind a trailer you're towing, even with extended mirrors. This kit is a practical driver assistance device with the primary objective of helping the driver to see things that they may not otherwise see when driving or backing up. Designed in Silicon Valley, California, the product is engineered to the highest standards with a focus on making it simple to install, robust and discreet.
The kit consists of an IP68 waterproof and dust proof camera that provides a view of the entire area behind the trailer.
- Free Bonus Camera for the tow vehicle. Ideal to see to hitch if you don't already have a backup camera installed - IP68 rated camera, with 10mm thread
- Control box (the brain of the system)
- Single button control switch
- All required cables and connectors
- Video cable to connect to your own screen (requires RCA input)
One connection is made to the backup lamp circuit and the other to ground. There are no electrical connections necessary on the trailer and all power and control comes from the tow vehicle. Using our patented cable installation technology, a single 3/16" cable is fed through the conduit of the trailer and hooks up to the tow vehicle via an IP68 rated, all weather connector- right alongside of the standard trailer electrical connector.
The camera can be submerged in water, blasted by a jet wash or sprayed with mud. Effectively there is very little that can be done to damage the camera, short of hitting it with a solid object. Even then it can withstand some abuse.